RPG Session prep, it has to be done when you’re the game master about to run your tabletop rpg of choice. There are different methods of preparing your session, personal to each GM – especially the method, whether you choose index cards, some type of digital tool, etc. Thorough prep is great, but it can lead to spending too much time on details you may present into the game. Not enough session prep and you risk being caught flat footed! Ask one hundred game masters about how to prep for your session and you will get one hundred different responses.
In this episode we invite Phil Vecchione, author Never Unprepared, and Jim Ingram join The Brain Trust to talk about prepping your tabeltop rpg session. We hope you enjoy the discussion.
Find more of Phil Vecchione:
- Twitter @dnaphil
- Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep (pdf | print)
- Misdirected Mark podcast
- Gnomestew rpg blog
- Encoded Designs rpg publisher
Find more of Jim Ingram:
Episode related resources
- What’s Going on Document (Fear the Boot)
- Rick Steves (website)
- Google Earth
- Gardens of Ynn (pdf)
- Rangers of the Middenvale (pdf)
- Dogs in the Vinyard (print)
- Notion – video using it for prep
- Index Card RPG (pdf | print)
- Sly Flourish, Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master (pdf | print)
Support the show!
More GM Mastermind
*Links to products or services may be part of an affiliate program where we earn a portion of the sales.